2017 Retiree Health Insurance Open Enrollment is MANDATORY
You will be receiving your enrollment books in the next week. Please view the link below which shows the cover of the booklet. Do not inadvertently throw the book away – enrollment is mandatory for 2017.
The link shows what the cover of the book looks like and also shows other info including copies of the enrollment form, form 6256 (dependents) and info on the living well promise. You must submit all of these forms after you receive your booklet. The deadline for open enrollment is October 24, 2016.
If you fail to submit the form by 12/31/2016 YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE PREMIUM CONTRIBUTIONS for your legal spouse or eligible dependents If you submit the form after Jan 1, you will only receive reimbursement of premiums for the 90 days prior to the receipt of the Form 6256 in Plan Year 2017.
Sgt. Dave Mutchler – President
Nominations are to be submitted in resume form by a subordinate lodge stating the qualifications of the member being nominated for this award. The following guidelines are to be followed for the correct submission of an application and consideration by the committee for selection as Officer of the Year.
- All applications must be submitted in legible typewritten form; giving all pertinent information as to why the members of your lodge feel the applicant should be considered for this prestigious award.
- All applications must be submitted by a subordinate lodge in good standing. No individual member shall submit his or her name as a nominee for this award.
- Nominees should be considered on the basis of his or her career in the law enforcement profession, his or her FOP involvement, and service to the community.
- Only active FOP members currently working in law enforcement or retired from law enforcement service shall be considered for this award. Retired law enforcement officers are to be considered as active members.
- All applications will be sent to the trustee chairperson who will then disseminate copies to the associate lodge state trustees.
- In order to allow the committee ample time to read and consider each application, a cut-off date must be set for receiving applications. (*additional consideration can be granted)
- All applications must be received by the State FOPA Secretary no later than two weeks prior to the first day of State Fall conference.
- After each committee member receives a copy of all properly submitted applications, the committee members will then advise the chairperson of his or her choice for the Fraternal Order of Police Associate Officer of the Year Award.
- The chairperson of the committee will then advise the State Fraternal Order of Police Associates and the FOP State President of the selection for preparations of the Officer of the Year award.
- The Kentucky State FOPA President shall present the award to the recipient during the following Spring Board Meeting.
Please submit all applications to:
Michelle Hildebrand, Secretary
State of KY F.O.P.A.
1 Blue Rock
Alexandria, KY 41001
*(If unable to meet the 2 weeks prior to conference deadline, please make sure it is hand delivered to the State FOPA President, Secretary or Trustee with 10 copies prior to opening ceremonies of the Fall Conference.)
Fraternal Order of Police Candidate Questionnaire US Senate and US Congressional Races
Each major party candidate for the offices of US Congress and the US Senate has been mailed a list of questions pertinent to the needs and interest of Law Enforcement both locally and nationally.
Each Local Lodge will be given one vote for US Senate and one vote for the US Congressional Candidate from the District representing the mailing address of your Lodge. Please submit the candidate(s) that your Local Lodge directs the State Lodge to choose no later than Friday, SEPTEMBER 30, 2016.
Please submit to the State Lodge in writing, signed by the Local Lodge President or State Trustee on your Lodges letterhead by way of US Postal Service or on letterhead via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here are the responses received thus far:
2016 Kentucky State FOP Fall Board Meeting
Hosted by: Bluegrass FOP Lodge #4, Lexington, KY 40515
Saturday and Sunday, October 29/30, 2016
(Complete one form for each attending member)
Registration fee of $100 must be postmarked by
September 30, 2016
Late or on-site registration: $110
Your registration fee includes: hospitality room on Friday and Saturday night, light lunch on Saturday (for attendee only), BBQ dinner with beverages and live music on Saturday (for attendee and guest), complimentary shuttle service to and from the Campbell House to Bluegrass Lodge 4 for the BBQ dinner, and light breakfast Saturday and Sunday.
Mail this form and the registration fee (payable to Bluegrass FOP Lodge #4) to:
Bluegrass FOP Lodge #4
Attn: Fall Conference Registration
1097 Duval St.
Lexington, KY 40515
Contact Lodge 4 business manager Jennifer Biroschik with questions: 859-255-7629 or email@example.com
1375 South Broadway Road,
Lexington, Kentucky, 40504, USA
TEL: +1-859-255-4281 FAX: +1-859-254-4368
Booking Link: Kentucky State FOP Fall Conference
Group Code: FOP
Hotel: The Campbell House Lexington, Curio Collection by Hilton
Group Name: KY State FOP Fall Conference
Arrival Date: 28-Oct-2016
Departure Date: 30-Oct-2016
Agendas and schedules to be released later
The Summer 2016 Knight Beat is now available online.
Click on the image below to check it out!
Need assistance with Knight Beat or want to submit a story please email us!
Let me know if anyone on our committee can help.
Knight Beat Editor